12th Cent. 9 Bedroom Château Ideal for B&B Business
|Location:||Douzens 20 mins from Carcassonne|
|Property Type:||Château (600 m²)|
|Rent per month:||3000€ pm|
|Long letting period:||Available year round for long lets|
|Min. rental period:||1 year|
|Bedrooms:||7 Double bedrooms. 2 Twin bedrooms.|
Description of Property:
Ideal for Chambre d'hotes or other business activities, long lets possible.
• A beautiful monumental staircase leads to a large solid entrance door. –
• Prestigious entrance hall 57m² with beautiful mosaic floor with original stone staircase opposite leading to the first floor, -
• Fully fitted kitchen 34m² with oak parquet floor and a beautiful marble fireplace, Larder 8m² in the East tower French doors leading to garden
• Dining room 39m² with wood panelling, oak parquet floor and a marble fireplace a walk in cupboard 5m², 2 French doors leading to the garden,
• Sitting room 23m² with wood panelling, oak parquet floor an oak fireplace, french doors leading to the garden, access to the West tower with Jacuzzi
• Bar 30m², french doors to Terrace - cloak room 20m² - wine cave 30m² below the bar area
• Landing 11m² leading to the corridor 26m² -
• Master suite with bedroom 23m² with fireplace, dressing room 19m², shower room 8m² Bedroom 23m² with fireplace and en-suite bathroom 7m²
• Bedroom 17m² with en-suite shower room 3.4m²
• Bedroom 12.5m² with en-suite shower room 6m²
• Bedroom 17m²
• Study/bedroom 10.3m²
• Separate WC 6m²
• Access to terrace 60m²
• Landing 13m² leading to the corridor 26m²
• Bedroom 26m² and en-suite shower room 5.6m² in the tower, dressing 2m²
• Bedroom 18.8m²
• Bathroom 13.6m²
• Bedroom/office 14m²
• Bedroom 13.8m² Gym 10m² with tower 8m²
• 2 Storage rooms 12m² and 18.6m² with tower 3m² -
• Library 8m²
Outside Amenities: South facing garden with terrace and 8m x 4m swimming pool.
The village and surrounding areas:
The village is thriving and vibrant. When you rent the castle, you will become the Chatelain. (The closest to this in the UK would be The Lord of the Manor). This means that the mayor and villagers will invite you to all the major events.
The dinners and celebrations for the wine harvest are friendly and fun and the present owner has enjoyed VIP status in the local community.
The village has many shops and small service businesses. These are all within a short walking distance of Château de Douzens.
Douzens is a unique village in the Aude department of the Languedoc, lies on the edge of the arresting Corbieres hills with a back drop of the black mountains behind. To the north the hills rise to meet the densely wooded Parc National Haut Languedoc; to the south the open garrigue descends to the vine-covered plains around Narbonne (25 mins), with the Mediterranean a further 10 minutes from Narbonne
The area is renowned for its wildlife, birds, innumerable varieties of butterflies and of course, fishing in the local rivers.
The village itself is surrounded by beautiful trees, shrubs and flowers.
Your neighbours in the village are mostly French and are very friendly. Douzens is lovely for cycling and walking and driving to the top of a valley that gives panoramic views over the Minervois and the Corbieres to the Pyrenees beyond.
Surrounding Area: Local Activities
• Bird Watching, Cycling, Drawing and painting, Golf, Gourmet dining, Hiking, Mountain biking, Rambling, Rock climbing, Sightseeing, Swimming, Walking, Wine tasting, Wine touring.
• Minerve - a few miles away and a major tourist attraction with its history of the burning of the Cathars and the siege by Simon de Montforte.
• Beaches - 10 minutes from Narbonne is Gruissan, with three beaches and the scene of the film ' Betty Blue'.
• Etangs - along the coast there are lakes that are a sanctuary for birds and boating enthusiasts. Look for the pink flamingoes.
• Restaurants - abound in the area.
• Walkers/Hikers - stunning views of the hills as well as the Pyrenees from the top of the hills. .
• Shopping - Carcassonne, Narbonne, Montpelier, Perpignan are all within easy reach.
• Carrefour shopping complex in Narbonne and markets everywhere in the local villages - one for every day of the week.
• Wine and Olive Tasting - everywhere!!!
• Tourist Trains – try the open topped little yellow train up to the Pyrenees - a good day out without the car.
• Cathar Castles - the Cathars were the locals who rebelled against the ethics of the Rome and the Pope. The Pope sent out Simon de Montforte on his Crusades against the Cathars who built many Castles to protect themselves. Minerve was the scene of burning of the Cathars during a major seige. You are in Cathar Country.
• Canal du Midi - Monsieur Riquet's wonderful construction running from the Mediterranean to the Atlantic.
• Le Somail - here you can hire boats, cycle or walk the tree-lined Canal.
• Douzens is ideally situated near 4 French airports: Carcassonne, Montpellier, Toulouse, and Perpignan and is only 15 minutes from Carcassonne and 25 to Narbonne, 35 mins from Beziers and the coast.
• Motorail access to Narbonne
• Motorway all the way from Channel ports
TGV available to Narbonne.
|Heating system:||Reversible Air-conditioning, very conventional economical compared to usual central heating.|
|Services / Facilities:||Mains water. Mains drainage. Electricity. Telephone. WiFi Broadband Internet Access. Television. Satellite TV. DVD. Hi-fi. Alarm.
CCTV, Automatic Gates, watering system.
|Kitchen Facilities:||Conventional oven. Hob. Microwave. Fridge. Freezer. Combined Fridge/Freezer. Dishwasher. Washing Machine.|
Pets may be allowed by prior agreement.
Suitable storage facilities are available for furniture etc. Lockable garage. Off-road parking.
Distance to Nearest (in kms):
|Supermarket:||Trebes 10 kms, Lezignan 10 kms|
|Shops:||Trebes 10 kms, Lezignan 10 kms|
|Market:||Lezignan, Olonzac, Carcassonne|
|Airport:||Carcassonne, 20 mins, Toulouse 1hr|
|Train Station:||Carcassonne, 20 mins|
|Bus Station:||Carcassonne, 20 mins|
Pricing Info: €3000 pcm, minimum one year let, although a standard 3 year let will be signed with break clauses.
Availability: This property is available year round for longer lets.
My property is NOT available for weekly summer holiday rentals.
Please contact the advertiser to confirm availability.
For further information and to book please contact:
N.B. Use your international dialling code in place of the + sign when dialling abroad.
Please take into account any international time differences before calling.
Please quote ‘Rent a place in France.com’ when contacting the owner.
|Telephone No 1:||+33(0)6 30 60 31 98|
|Telephone No 2:||+44(0)7596 239335|
|Languages spoken:||English, French|
|Time to contact:||Any reasonable time|
|Time to contact:||Any reasonable time|
View advertiser's other property:
Send an Enquiry
This form will send an enquiry to the owner. *Denotes a required field.
Note, this form is to be used only for genuine rental enquiries about this property.
All form submissions are actively monitored. Your IP address will be recorded.
Energy efficiency classification
'12th Cent. 9 Bedroom Château Ideal for B&B Business'